If you thought fashion was only for the folk of tinsel-town, think again.
The fashion-gurus and social media celebs have come down heavy on World no.1 batsman, Sachin Tendulkar- or rather, his hair.
Known for years by his signature curls, the super sport-star has recently changed his look for a sleeker, straight-haired one. Irrespective of why he's done so, or whether or not the new look suits him, he's been in the spotlight and at the receiving end of brickbats (pun unintended).
Here's what some of the known names have to say about Sachin's hair:
- Tanhee Nagar clearly disagrees with the move, and says, “This hairstyle is falling flat on him, making him appear even broader.”
- Shival Ghai, hair guru, says, “His older style suited him more ... the new one doesn’t highlight his features. Instead of looking young and cool, he looks like a schoolboy.
- Hair expert Richa Aggarwal adds, “Compared to Sachin’s curls and thick mop which he sported earlier, this style is a bit childish and may not go down well with his fans.”
- Jawed Habib, however, feels the new look is a refreshing change and that Sachin should keep it. “People are used to seeing him in a particular curly look, so it’s tough for them to accept him in his new hairstyle.”
- @meghasarin: Why is everyone talking about Sachin's new retro look. It is cool. People hv been used to seeing curly hair. Accept the change.
- @madmanweb: Sachin Tendulkar should just adopt my hair style. There's no ambiguity or interpretation involved.)
- @abdullah_omar: Can we start a drive to bring back Sachin’s curly hair??? #JusticeForCurlyHair.
- @_SybaRITE: AIBHA (All India Beauty Specialists & Hair Stylists Assn) has decided to confer the “Baal Of Fame” award to Sachin Tendulkar.
- @thetanmay: "Heyyy you wannna makes fraaandship?" - Lasith Malinga's hair toSachin's hair.
We in the meanwhile, love him anyway- straight hair or without- so long as that willow keeps swinging our team to victory.