The country’s biggest superstar Amitabh Bachchan has featured in films since 1969. Once rejected the job of a radio announcer because of his ‘unsuitably deep voice’, this sexagenarian is the most worshipped of Bollywood stars, and his voice- well, is the among the most recognized voices all over.
Here’s some more trivia about the Superstar of the Millenium- Amitabh Bachchan.
- Amitabh Bachchan is the elder child of Harivansh Bachchan’s second wife, Teji Bachchan.
- His family’s original surname is Shrivastav- the name ‘Bachchan’ was formally adopted by his father poet Harivanshrai Bachchan as he was fondly called that when he was a child. ‘Bachchan’ means child.
- Amitabh is the second film personality to have been given ‘superstar’ status- the first being Rajesh Khanna.
- Thousands of fans fasted for his recovery and daily bulletins were published regarding his health, when Amitabh was hospitalized on the sets of ‘Coolie’ during a fight scene against Puneet Issar.
- His father chose ‘Inquilaab’ for a name for Amitabh, but changed it to Amitabh later. Amitabh means ‘Unlimited brilliance’.
- Amitabh Bachchan is a vegetarian.
- Has quoted, “I have never really been confident about my career at any stage.”
- On October 31, 2006 he completed a record number of 23 scenes in 5 hours. This was for the film Shootout at Lokhandwala, in which he had an extended cameo.
- Has played a double role in 10 films and a triple role in one.
- Has a double MA degree.
Share with us more info about Big B!